Joe Hart is the Arizona State Mine Inspector. He is a 4th generation Arizonan and was born and raised in Kingman. His family has been involved in mining in Arizona since the late 1800’s owning and operating mines in Arizona. Joe has been married to his wife, Rhonda for 42 years and they have 4 daughters and 8 grandchildren.
Joe Hart grew up working in the family mines learning the trade from his father. Upon graduation, Joe went to work for the Duval Mining Corporation. During his 20 years with Duval he learned every aspect of the mining operations. He worked as Safety Supervisor until the mine closed in the early 1980’s. This time spent has built a solid relationship with miners, engineers, geologists and mine owners alike. At that time Joe and his wife Rhonda purchased New West Broadcasting and have been in the radio and television business for 25 years.
Joe also served for 10 years in the Arizona House of Representatives. During his tenure he served four years as Speaker Pro Tempore. Joe Hart is a proven leader who understands the issues affecting the Arizona mining industry. Joe is a staunch advocate for mine safety, reclamation, strong leadership and integrity. In addition, Joe is a strong advocate for private property rights.
Following are some of the organizations in which Joe Hart has been active:
- Sub-Appropriations Committee for the House and Senate,
- Chairman Public Institutions & Universities Committee,
- Chairman Government Operations Committee,
- Chairman Environment Committee,
- Member Judiciary Committee,
- Member Rules Committee,
- Member Natural Resources Committee,
- Member Natural Resource Committee - Counsel State Governments West,
- Chairman Ways & Means Committee,
- Member Navajo Code Talker Memorial Foundation
Following are some of the organizations in which Joe Hart is currently active:
- National Association of Abandoned Mines Land Program (NAAMLP)
- Mohave County Livestock Association
- Arizona Farm Bureau Association