The Western Mining Safety and Health Training Resource Center offers MSHA Certification classes for 30 CFR Part 48. The classes are held at the University of Arizona's San Xavier Mining Laboratory, located at 6200 W. Ocotillo Ranch Road, Sahuarita, Arizona, 85629. Hands on activities and group discussion feature prominently in these classes to increase engagement and training transfer, while still being fully MSHA compliant. Our New Miner & Annual Refresher Training Guide is used to facilitate this program.
To register or to request more information, please contact us.
- Newly Employed Inexperienced Miner Class (24 hours, 3-day)
- Surface Miner Annual Refresher Class (8 hours, 1-day)
- Courses are offered on a rolling basis depending on demand
- Newly Employed Inexperienced Miner Class (40 hours, 5-day)
- Underground Miner Annual Refresher Class (8 hours, 1-day)
- Typically offered in 2nd week of January and 3rd week of August every year